Thursday, 31 May 2012

Review: bareMinerals Face Fashion, The Look of Now - Earthy Chic5-piece Collection

This collection is probably the first set I bought from the "bareMinerals The Look of Now" range when it was first introduced in Selfridges 3 years ago! I know a lot of you people must questioned why I haven't disposed it in the bin yet after so long! I must admit I deliberately used it very sparingly to extend the use as it is no longer available in store =(. A little silly I know because it is very unhygienic to use make ups from so long ago (so please ensure you clear out old stocks periodically!). However from today onwards I will try to finish it all for the sake of my future health!

I have in total 4 of these sort of collections and this, and the "Pure Happiness" kit is the most I loved! This has more natural and earthy look (hence the name "Earthy Chic!"), whilst the Pure Happiness is more spring time probably heading towards summertime look. The other two sets are: Natural Muse and Fab Fresh. Natural Muse I felt was too dark for me and I really hate the lipgloss as I looks quite ageing and ashy for my complexion, as for Fab Fresh, I still haven't opened it yet (oops!).

The reason I chose to do a review on this collection set after so long was because I felt it's a very beautiful set, but somehow not a lot of people has known or done reviews on it, which I felt was a shame.

As you can see from the photos below it contains 2 x eye colours (neutral and a dark sparky khaki colour), 1 x eyeliner in the form of powder (dark brown), 1 x blush (pink) and 1 lipgloss (nude-pink), including instruction guide on the side. I would recommend this kit to fair, maybe medium skin as the colour is very subtle. Darker skin might have a bit of a problem getting the colour to show. I love the lipgloss a lot, the texture is not too sticky and it has a minty feel, the colour I felt complemented my complexion.

Inside
Back cover
Swatch on arm (left to right) Chic Nude eye shadow, Smoky Sage eyeshadow, Spiced Fig eyeliner, Desert Rose Blush, Lip Polish
This set cost me about £25.00 which I felt was reasonable priced. Some may argue for the size of the make ups (they are mini size) it doesn't seems to be a bargain, but trust me, a little goes a long way, it does last quite a bit. A good example will be I took it with me to H.K 3 years ago for 2 weeks and used it almost every single day, and so far there is still plenty left in the pot, looking as if I hardly used it. It is very small and compact so very ideal for travelling or carrying i
n hand bag for touch up later on during the day.

I used this collection on my face today, minus the eyeliner in the kit as I didn't bring my eyeliner brush with me. It looks very subtle in the photo, maybe I should have layered it on more but since I will be working soon afterwards, I didn't want to frightened my customers! Here's what I put on my face. I've also I included the swatch and photos with (last photo) and without the flash (second last).

Without Flash
With Flash
Face:
• Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in Warm Sand (2.5)
• Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation 02
• Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-3
• No7 Perfect Light Pressed Powder in 05 Translucent

Eyes:
• bareMinerals Chic Nude Eyecolor
• bareMinerals Sage Eyecolor
• Makemania Data Pencil Gel Eyeliner in Jet Black

Cheek:
• bareMinerals Desert Rose Blush

Lip:
• Mini Sandy Buxom Lip Polish

Has anyone tried the bareMinerals / Bare Escentuals kit before, if so let me know of your opinions on it. =)

On the other side, there is some cons in this set, it can get very messy with the powder spilling out of you're not careful if applying it. Also the lid where I tap off the excess before applying it can be on the small side, so I suppose you have to weigh the pros and cons before deciding whether it's for you or not.

Mary xx

No comments:

Post a Comment