I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with the Real Techniques Brushes designed by Samantha Chapman from Pixiwoo.
I have been following them for around 2 years I think. It all started off with me browsing through random videos on the YouTube looking for tips and tutorials on how to apply make up, and it wasn't long before I got hooked onto it! Most of the earlier ones I saw was filmed by Sam, and it took me a while before I realised the channel was shared between her and her sister, Nic.
When Sam announced she was launching her own brand of make up brushes I was excited as I could tell from her videos she's not the sort of person who would hard sell her own line to the public, and also she will put a lot of thinking in the quality of the brushes. I must confessed I have bought quite a few brushes in the past, however a lot of them doesn't seem to do the job properly, i.e doesn't blend well enough, or the bristles will shed like mad! However although I was looking forward to the launch, I didn't go out and buy the brushes straight away because:
1) I've just bought a brush set from AOFM that was recommended by Nic in one of her videos, and don't see the need of wasting more money buying more (had I know Sam was launching her brushes back them I would have definitely waited!),
and also
2) I think it was only available in the US back then, and shipping it to the UK can be costly.
But anyway, when Sam announced that it was available to be bought in Boots this February, I thought "that's it! I have to get it!" as I have read loads of goods reviews about it, especially the Buffing and the Stippling brushes. I ordered mine online from www.love-makeup.co.uk as all their brushes was £1 cheaper than Boots, plus I get a free shading brush if I ordered over £40 so I got the Core Collection and the Starter set.
I really loved both of the set, but I prefer the Core Collection, especially the Buffing Brush. It really made my face flawless whether the foundation used were cream, liquid or mineral.
Unfortunately I do have one complaint, the bristles in my Buffing Brush was, and still shedding after using it for 3 weeks (See picture below). I wasn't too sure whether it was due to how I cleaned it (I used 90% alcohol, as recommended by gossmakeupartist) or I was just unlucky enough to have got a bad batch, but I was very upset seeing it falling apart, luckily not long afterward Boots did a 3for2 offers so I bought 3 more sets, kept 1 and sold the extra 2 sets on eBay (cheeky I know! But I don't see the point of having 4 sets since I'm not a make up artist and it's only for personal use!)
I'm having my eyes on the expert face brush and the eyeliner brushes, but to be honest I don't see the needs as all the brushes can be multi-tasked with other uses (I sometime the Buffing brush for foundation AND blusher AND powdering my face!). I also uses the Shading brush for shadows and concealer, which is good if you want limit the amount of stuff to pack for holidays. However, never say never. I got a feeling I will purchase them soon as I have nearly all the brushes apart from the Kabuki brush, the eyelash comb? and the Travel Set.
Bottom line, do I think it's worth the money? Definitely YES. It works out cheaper than other inferior quality brands. The second Buffing Brush I have is still in perfect condition after using it for over one month. Just finger cross it doesn't need replacing again for a short time! ^_~
Mary xx



No comments:
Post a Comment