Monday, 21 May 2012

Japanese-Style Cheesecake

Today I want to share my experience on Japanese-style Cheesecake. I first tried this cheesecake in Oriental City (Yaohan Plaza) in Colindale, it taste like a combination of cheesecake and normal sweet cakes, quite light and airy. I always buy it whenever I visit the bakery, even if it cost quite a bit (between £4-5 which to me can be quite dear!), but ever since the whole plaza closed down around 4 years ago I haven't got a chance to taste it again unless I go to Chinatown.

Two days ago I was looking for a recipe to make Apple Crumble that I suddenly decided to also try looking for a Japanese-style cheesecake one as well, and voila! I found loads, seems like I'm not the only person craving for it! ^_^

Today I finally being able to attempt my first trial on it. I bought all the ingredients and equipments from my local supermarket, and started baking the cheesecake. It took me slightly less than 2 hours from preparation to cooking and the outcome was acceptable, although it taste slightly moist, not sure if it is because the cheesecake was slightly undercooked, so I put it back into the oven and baked it a further 15 mins, but it's still moist so I assume the problem might be from not thoroughly mixing two ingredients together prior to cooking.

Here's the end result... Half eaten already! =p

Enjoy!

Mary xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment