Thursday, 24 May 2012

Japanese Cheesecake - 2nd attempt!

The previous cheesecake I made, I found out that it tasted more like the ones I got at the patisserie after leaving it in the fridge overnight, so the conclusion I got was that it was supposed to be chilled! (What a dim-wit I am!). Anyway, taste-wise it was acceptable, so presentation-wise it could do with some improvement, so today I tried it a second time to see if the cracks were due to the oven too hot!

As you can see the from the photos below, there are still cracks is still cracks forming, if not there were more rise into it! Funny enough after I cooled it for 5 mins in the oven, the next thing I know it shrunken? Which didn't happen previously. Anyone know why?

Whilst baking.
Cooling down
Looking deflated
My next mission will be to try a slightly different recipe, one that don't use cake flour (or plain/all purpose if you can't find the cake flour, like me!) and see if it taste or look different.

I now share with you my failed attempt NĂºmero. 2 =p

Mary xx

P.S. haven't tasted it yet, still need to wait another 2 hours before it sets. Fingers cross it still taste okay...

No comments:

Post a Comment