I want to make this cupcakes especially for my parents. They work in a take away shop and very often need to go back early on a Sunday morning to deep clean the whole kitchen on top of the daily cleaning after work (for those who had worked in those environments before should understand how easily the kitchen becomes get greased up after only a few days)!
Even though there are ample of ingredients and foods in the kitchen, however after cleaning for a good few hours they usually preferred to reached for biscuits and cakes to replaced their afternoon meals instead of making a hot chow meins or rices to eat.
I've started to bake Japanese cheesecake few weeks ago and my mum mentioned that my dad used to love the cupcakes she makes (even if it's one of those ready-prepared where you only add eggs and milk in :p) so I thought "why not bake some for them"? My dad are a peanut butter lover, his usual breakfast (and supper) is peanut butter sandwiches so I try looking on the Internet to see if there is a peanut butter cupcake recipe? I'm glad there are loads :) I really love the taste because I'm also a peanut butter lover myself. I want to share with you all this recipe. It is very easy to make.
http://www.motherthyme.com/2011/09/peanut-butter-cupcakes.html?m=1
The recipe was taken from the website above. It also included the frosting, however I'm not a fan of the frosting as I find it very sweet so I left it out, but I've included the recipe below in case you want to add it on top of the cakes :)
Makes 12 cupcakes
Ingredients
¼ cup unsalted butter ( ½ stick)
¾ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup sugar
1 egg
¼ teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
⅔ cup whole milk
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Using an electric mixer combine butter, peanut butter and sugar until creamy. Add in egg and vanilla and continue to mix until combined.
Mixing butter, peanut butter and milk together.
Adding in egg and vanilla essence
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to peanut butter mixer, alternating with milk on low speed until all combined and batter is creamy.



Spoon in to lined cupcake tray ⅔ full. Bake for 20 minutes until tester comes out clean.

Ready to be baked...
... 20 minutes later
Cool on wire racks.
Buttercream Frosting
Ingredients
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners sugar
4 tablespoons whole milk
Directions
Cream butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Slowly add in confectioners sugar until all is combined and blended. Stir in vanilla extract, and milk until frosting is creamy.
Fill pastry bag and pipe on cupcakes or frost as desired.


Enjoy!
Mary xx
No comments:
Post a Comment